Monday, June 16, 2014

Block or Shredded....You decide.

I will admit that I love cheese. I am worse than a cartoon mouse. I want it on everything. I do use pre-shredded cheese, because I'm lazy. I need to change to buying blocks of cheese and here are some reasons why.

THE GOOD STUFF
Organic, grass-fed cheese means richer micronutrients. For example, grass-fed cattle produce cheese up to 400 times richer in fat-metabolizing CLA (conjugated linoleic acid). In addition, buying block cheese and cutting it yourself will help preserve your cheese’s micronutrients and protect you from harmful additives.


THE BAD STUFF

 When buying cheese, it’s best to avoid the pre-shredded varieties, as many of them contain cellulose powder (literally minuscule pieces of wood pulp) used to absorb moisture in packaging and extend the product’s shelf life.

No comments:

Post a Comment