Thursday, December 12, 2013

Let's make a sandwich..........


If you are me and trying to get all of the "junk" out of your diet, then I sympathize with you.  I am the biggest fan of white bread.  It's so delicious, but it's so bad for you.  I hate that.  Now don't get me wrong I love some wheat, but for years I was buying the cheater wheat bread.  I didn't know the difference.  I know there are some of you out there that believe that all wheat bread is the same, but I'm sorry to tell you that it's not.  Here's the break down.
Slice of whole-grain bread wheat is better for you than refined wheat. By keeping the bran and germ, you maintain the naturally occurring nutrients and fiber. But, for some reason, manufacturers constantly come up with new ways to lead you back to the refined stuff. One of their latest tricks is to refer to refined flour as "wheat flour" because, obviously, it's made of wheat. But just because it's wheat-based doesn't mean it's not refined. The distracted shopper can mistake this label for "whole wheat flour" and throw it in his cart. Another loaf of cruddy, refined, fiber less bread has a new home.
The solution to this is to slow down when you read the label and pay attention to what the ingredients are. That word "whole" is an important part.

1 comment:

  1. It's best to start removing wheat from your diet completely.

    ReplyDelete