Thursday, January 3, 2013

Where is Winter?


Here in the upper part of the South we have not had much of a winter at all.  You know cause that whole global warming thing just does not exist, ya right.  This winter has been very warm.  I'm in Tennessee, so we are use to seeing some snow and ice a few times around the holidays, but ho no, not this year.  It has been in the low 70's on several different days.  I am not use to this.  I wanted winter. You know, snow.  We have seen some snow flurries, but it melts as soon as it hits the ground.
It is scary that how noticeable the effects of our gas consumption over the decades has permently changed our weather.  I remember as a kid getting snow drifts that were as tall as I was, and I was the tallest kid in class.  We once missed almost two weeks of school because of the snow and ice.  Now the snow barely covers the ground.  I know don't know. It just worry me a bit. 

Do people just not want to talk about it, or are they just too scared?  We need to make a change in our lifestyle and environment.  What if it is too late for change?  What if one summer the temperature stays in the high 90's of low 100's without any change?  There are some areas of this country that is the normal temperature, but it's few areas.
What changes have you noticed in the environment where you live?  Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment