Friday, November 11, 2011

Cold and flu seaon is here! Crap.

Since we are really starting to get into cold and flu season, here are a few common foods that can help you feel better.  I really like natural remedies.
For a natural decongestant use more garlic, it will also help boost your immune system.  Not a hard thing to do, right?
Now hot tea is one of the best things one can drink for a sore throat when you add honey or lemon in, but I like to use both sometimes.  Tea is full of antioxidants, and when you breathe in the stream, it can help relieve congestion.
When you have nausea or an upset stomach, you need to add some fresh ginger to you tea or to some stir-fry.  Ginger can also help inflammation.
The book states “Chicken soup for the Soul”, but it is also good for a cold of the flu.  Chicken soup or even chicken both helps the body stay hydrated and may protect the body from bacteria and other viruses.  I do not buy can soups as you have read on here before.  I make my own chicken soup that is not fatty or salty and is full of veggies.  It also makes me feel great on the inside.  I will be posting the recipe on my cooking blog soon.  I just have to right it all down.
Try some of these natural remedies before you grab a bottle of pills.  Take care of yourself this season, and don’t forget to keep your hands washed!

No comments:

Post a Comment